Ammo-Head design is focused on the idea of a fusion of art and utility, and what better way is there to do so than with wine barrels? A wine barrel is a bi-product of a greater art , wine making! Each of our pieces in this category have been made from French Bordeaux wine barrels from local Inland Northwest wineries. Currently we have selections from Grande Ronde cellars, Latah Creek, and Townshend cellars.
- We carefully disassemble each barrel and mark them so we know which winery it is from.
- Each stave is precisely cut so it is usable for our creations.
- A hole is drilled as close to the Merlot stain as possible to showcase the colors from within.
- The drilled stave section is then turned to specifications and sanded from 80 grit - 12,000 grit sanding steps.
- Naturally polished to a satin like finish with boiled linseed oil and bees wax.
These careful and precise steps insure a perfect preservation of the beauty never seen from inside the wine barrel!
Have a look, and if you want to have any of our pens created from a wine barrel please Contact Us.